5 Ways To Ensure Perfect Heatless Curling on 4c Natural Hair
From www.blackgirllonghair.com –
Let’s talk all about curling 4c hair. Specifically, I’m referring to manually curling the hair versus enhancing the natural curl without a tool.
The goal is to achieve either big fluffy bouncy curls or a smooth (or smoothish because let’s face it, some kinks don’t want to be smoothed out!) roller set.
These styling ideas are perfect for you to practice if you have a summer wedding to attend or if you are just looking for styling ideas for your hair.
Lee’s Article Highlights:
- It’s generally better to condition, dry and stretch 4c hair before curling it for the best results.
- You’ll get less frizz if you thoroughly detangle your hair before curling.
- Even if air drying your hair takes all night, do not remove your rollers before your hair fully dries or the curls won’t come out right.
- Use oils and hair butters instead of water-based products for adding sheen to your hair. Water-based products work against your curls instantly.
- Use a hair pick to cover up your parts.
- The article shows five very helpful video tutorials showing the results you can get from various curling methods including flexi rods, curlformers, standard rollers, straw sets and perm rods.