This time she gives you a thorough SoftSheen Carson Optimum Salon Repair Deep Conditioner REVIEW and she also lets you know how Softsheen Carson Optimum Salon Repair Intensive Reconstructor worked out for her hair as well.
You know how she is, if she doesn’t like it, she will tell you the truth. So check out what she has to say!
What are two things that most of us “Lovelies” go crazy for???
Tell me I’m lying, when I say “great food and THE BOMB hair”.
If I’m lyin’, I’m flyin’…. And I aint went no-dang-where yet…. Lol!
The cool thing is… Sometimes something delicious can actually help you reach you hair greatness goals.
Y’all betta recognize the gang of benefits that certain fruits and vegetables can offer your hair, it’s for real. The whole ‘juice and berries’ concept isn’t bad AT ALL.
There are recipes for beauty regimens that contain everything from egg shells to rice water, and their uses have been passed down for generations among many cultures. One deliciously beneficial ingredient is the Paw-Paw fruit, also known as Papaya.
The papaya contains a large amount of Vitamin C, which is key for its restorative and healing properties. It also contains about 224% of your daily needs of vitamins and mineral. The papaya enzyme called papain breaks down proteins, fats and carbohydrates and works to prevent stomach disorders, diabetes, colorectal cancers, intestinal parasite infections, nerve pains and even elephantoid growths.
Carpaine is another chemical that the papaya has that kills off certain parasite infections. Papaya also has a host of other vitamins, acids, enzymes and minerals such as magnesium, copper, fiber, folic acid, vitamins E, A, B6, B1, beta carotene, and riboflavin. The chemical compounds in papaya are so effective that many people take the papaya enzymes in pill form.
The folic acid that papaya contains, as well as the Vitamin C improve circulation blood circulation throughout your scalp. The result of this is that your scalp is fed the nutrients and minerals that are needed to encourage healthy hair growth and stimulate your ever-important sebaceous glands. The sebum that is produced nourishes, conditions and protects the scalp, providing a healthy environment for new growth to flourish.
How To Use Papaya Topically
Blend 1 cup of papaya with 1 cup carrier oil and ½ cup Aloe Vera juice. Apply this mixture to your scalp and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Hair Growth Isn’t The Only Reason To Get Your Paws on Some Paw-Paw!
Papaya is used for getting rid of nasty dandruff too. Because papaya contains so much Vitamin C and A, it aids in the removal of dead skin cells, encourages healthy cell regeneration and nourishes your hair shaft. If you’re fighting against that dirty-lookin’ dandruff, papaya could be the solution to your problems.
Papaya seeds have complex anti-fungal properties that help ward off and prevent dandruff. You can either use papaya seed oil, or you can blend the papaya seeds together with a good carrier oil to make a paste, apply it to the scalp and rinse out.
Product Build Up BE DARNED!
Product build-up and dead scalp skin are two major problems associated with stagnant hair growth. When the pores of your scalp are clogged, girrrrrrl, you are beggin’ for trouble. they don’t get the nutrients and moisture that is needed to produce sebum. This can cause hair fall,
In that condition, your scalp doesn’t get the nutrients and moisture that is needed to make hair-health promoting sebum. This can cause hair fall, dandruff and even make that your precious new growth is all brittle and ready to break of before it can even do anything. Papaya can remove residue, excess oils and dirt, from both the hair and scalp.
A DOPE Natural Conditioner!
The same enzymes that are used to tenderize meat also have a conditioning effect on the hair. We talked about how papaya can remove product build-up on your luscious tresses. Now once that gunky build-up is gone, your cuticles are able to open up and suck up that moisture and those nutrients can be infused into your hair shaft, and then shut back so that the moisture and nutrients are locked in.
You can find many products that contain papaya leaf extract which has been shown to revitalize and condition hair, or you could blend ½ of a papaya with 1 cup of yogurt and 1 tbsp. of honey to make your own homemade conditioner.
It has soft vibrating tips that deep massage your scalp, it’s waterproof for use in the shower or bath. You’ll experience the benefits of enhanced cleaning to help your hair grow out faster.
In my opinion, massaging your scalp should be a part of everyone’s weekly routine. I’ve noticed that I remember to keep up with my routines when I’ve invested in things that give me quicker results and help me do less work. Yeah, I’m lazy & triflin’ SOMETIMES, haa! But honestly, this is not just about being lazy, the type of massage you get from this scalp massage brush is lot more thorough and quicker without tiring your hands out. It just makes sense.
The Vitagoods scalp invigorating massage brush works with batteries and has an ON/OFF button to crank up the massage vibrations.
Naptural85 used this after her deep conditioning session and loved it, and now she uses it every time she co-washes her hair.
She says that her scalp feels so much cleaner since using the massage brush and she is really a big fan, you can tell because she uses it so much that the name of the product is wearing off, you can hardly see the letters anymore, lol!
And remember that this Vitagoods scalp massage brush is powerfully efficient, you don’t need to grind away with your hands. You can think of it much the way you’d think of an electric toothbrush, you don’t want to put tons of pressure on it, just apply it with light pressure and let it do it’s job.
Benefits of Blood Circulation On Your Scalp
The deep massage you get from this massage brush greatly increase your circulation. But why is that important?Well… Circulation determines the flow of oxygen into the scalp, your follicles need this for healthy, steady hair growth. You can give your scalp a boost in circulation by massaging it.
One way scalp massaging increases blood circulation is by warming the vessels. This makes the roots stronger, which helps slow or stop excessive shedding beyond the normal or average hundred strands a day.
Massaging also reduces stress hormones that interfere with the your hair growth cycle. When your stress hormones are raging, your body compensates and doesn’t run as efficiently. This means your body will use the water and food you consume to keep your vital organs operating; your hair, skin and nails are last on your body’s priority list of nutrient distribution and suffer the ugly consequences. The Vitagoods scalp massage brush helps you massage your scalp to superior health and promotes a scalp condition that is ready for hair growth.
Products Often Used With The Vitagoods Massage Brush
Here’s why these black hair products should not go on your head:
They go from simply serving no positive purpose in your hair regimen all the way to containing carcinogenic chemicals in them.
If you find them in your hair products then you might be better off tossing them in the trash.
So here we go….
1. FORMALDEHYDE: This is not only a product used in some hair products but in MANY nail polishes, formaldehyde should definitely be a “NO-GO” in the hair lines you choose to use. It’s often used in hair care products containing water to slow bacteria growth. That’s all well and good but Formaldehyde is a suspected carcinogen and may cause skin reactions, lead to joint pain, allergies, trigger heart palpitations, headaches, ear infections, dizziness, and chest pains.
2. METHYLENE GLYCOL: Beware…. This is nothing more than Formaldehyde by another name. Leading hair straighteners, including Brazilian Blowout, claim that formaldehyde mixed with water creates a new chemical, methylene glycol. That is like saying that sweet tea does not contain sugar. 2. ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL: This ingredient has the MAJOR potential to dry your hair out and cause serious breakage! It can be found in cosmetics, hand lotion, and hair color rinses. Natural hair of African descent does not interact with this ingredient well at all. This ingredient can also cause dizziness, depression, headaches, and nausea if inhaled directly. Definitely crossing this off of my list of ingredients I allow/turn a blind eye to. If you see Isopropyl alcohol in your ingredient list toss it (especially if it is listed in the top 10 ingredients on the list)
3. PROPYLENE GLYCOL: It’s always troubling when products that are used for other non-human related things are used in a hair product or ingredient that has to come in contact with our skin. This is one of them. Propylene glycol is used as the main ingredient in antifreeze if you can believe that! People who work with this substance are told to wear gloves since it easily penetrates the skin, however we apply this humectant to our bodies quite frequently (deodorant, makeup, toothpaste, hair care products…etc) without any form of protection. This chemical is stated to cause dry skin, dermatitis, hives, eczema, and other allergic reactions.
4. IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA and DMDM HYDANTOIN: Thought we’d finished talking about formaldehyde? I wish… These ingredients actually release formaldehyde (ugh!) They can cause irritation to your respiratory system and create heart palpitations!
5. DEA (diethanolamine) MEA (momoethnanolamine) TEA (triethanolamine): DEA and MEA are hormone disrupting chemicals that are usually listed with the compound being neutralized. Most beauty products contain this like bubble baths, body washes, facial cleansers, and soap. These ingredients if absorbed into the skin frequently can lead to liver and kidney cancer. They also lead to dry hair and skin. Which is why they are a big no-no for your hair care regimen. Even natural products use DEA and MEA on occasion which is why it is still important to read the label of a “natural” or “organic” product!
6. SODIUM LAURYL SUFATE (SLS) & SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (SLES): This product is a detergent used in most shampoos and foaming properties. SLS strips your hair of its natural oils and leave it dry and brittle. Because they are cheap ingredients they are used in most personal care produces and is used in testing labs as the standard to irritate skin. If you use shampoo with SLS there is a possibility that it may be absorbed into the body which is not a good thing at all. Too much presence of nitrates can become toxic in the body. This ingredient can stay in your body for up to five days, and it may be damaging to the immune system especially in through your skin. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)– SLES is the alcohol form (ethoxylated) of SLS. It is slightly less irritating than SLS, but may be more drying. Both ingredients can be absorbed into the blood stream through the skin.
If you’ve found any of these ingredients on your product list are you considering throwing them out or finishing the product? Let us know we’re interested to see how you’ve responded to this list! Always check your ingredient list carefully and make sure you are aware of what is going in and on your body!
Nissan qashqai 2014 video youtube, Old ford fiestas, Volkswagen golf rims size
It allows you to straight kinky/curly hair without the high heat of professional-level flat irons. There had been a ton of Tweets and Facebook posts in different Black Hair Groups about the new miracle hair tool.
But there was one big problem….
The $300 PRICE TAG!!!
Like many others at the time, I wasn’t dropping no dang $300 for it.
But all y’all that was complaining right along with me will be hyped up that 10 months later the price has dropped to less than $200! And that’s FROM DAFNI (the real manufacturer), be careful of people selling knockoff fakes.
Image Credit: Dermstore.com
I say to be careful of the fakes and knockoff brands because there are TONS of them out now after the success of Dafni’s Brush. The DAFNI company is the originator of this beloved “hair straightening ceramic brush“, some have bought fakes and been very upset about it.
But anyway, the idea of the Dafni brush is similar to any other straightening tool – you slowly run the hot ceramic through your hair and it gets rid of any waves or kinks.
What DAFNI claims makes their product better than competitors is that it has more surface area than the traditional straightener, which means that your hair could be done in as little as two minutes. Plus since it’s already a brush, the hair wouldn’t get tangled.
The Dafni Brush at work on Kinky/Curly Natural Hair!
Here is a popular video from a Facebook user named Kimberley Satterwhite, she posted her first experience using it and she thought you might like that we share it with you right here. See the video below.
Be honest, what do you think of the results?
Given the texture of the little girl’s hair that it was demonstrated on, do you think this will work for your texture?
Here’s Kimberly’s (the mom) Comment From Her Video Post:
Sometimes things look so good you have to think, “That just can’t be!” And “It’s just too good to be true!” Like how I earn 6 figures as a stay at home mom. I just say, “Let’s just Try it & see”! I understand how it feels to be a total skeptic of something! So I’m going to try out the ‘Dafni Ceramic Straightening Brush’. DOES IT WORK?! You can see for yourself IF In Fact IT Works or not?! This takes the place of flat ironing and saves you MAJOR TIME! I am TOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!
NOTE: I was so excited to use this i didn’t wash my daughters hair. She does have GEL in her hair i just ran it through really quick to test it. Imagine this on her CLEAN hair! WOW. I’m very happy with this product!
Be honest, homegirl DID HER THANG! She looks amazing and the video is easy to follow along with, that was our favorite part. The products she used matched well with brown to darker skin and looked GORGEOUS. Get prepared for more top-notch makeup tutorials to get highlighted very soon.
Right now, we’ll look at the moisturizers, hair butters, oils, shampoos, conditioners and natural hair accessories that have been selling like crazy with naturals over the last few months.
The following list is a compilation of the most purchased OR highly-rated black hair products on Amazon – by the natural hair community.
We’ll have two separate types of lists… the Best Sellers list and the 4 Stars or Better list (real customer ratings).
Top 10 Highest-Rated Shea Butters
If you’ve been in the natural hair community for any amount of time, it will come as no surprise to you that Shea Butter is one of the most beloved and useful natural hair products on the planet.
So I’d be an idiot not to give you the top 10 highest rated shea butters online.
Shea Butter provides moisture to dry or damaged hair from the roots to the very tips, repairs and protects your hair against weather damage, dryness and brittleness. It also absorbs quickly and completely into the scalp to rehydrate without clogging your pores. It is especially helpful for processed and heat-treated hair. It’s a go-to treatment for dry scalp problems and it brings life and luster to damaged hair.
I personally have used it for years and years and years on my skin (I was born in 1977). And believe me, my skin shows great results now from years of keeping my face moisturized every morning. Shea Butter is like food for the skin containing Vitamins A, E and F. These vitamins fight against wrinkles and facial lines.
Here are the shea butters with nothing less than 4 Star ratings…
1. 100% Pure Unrefined Raw SHEA BUTTER – from the nut of the African Ghana Shea Tree
This ranking is a little weird, they’re ranked 4.2 out of 5 stars with nearly 400 customer reviews but one of the first things I noticed is alot of women complaining about the hardness and consistency of the butter. But overall, the rankings are good. (get real customer reviews)
9. Unrefined Shea Butter – Organic In HDPE Jar Sits at 4.4 out of 5 stars, “It’s fairly soft right out of the jar and take but a few seconds to rub in the palm of your hand and apply.” -JayGT (get real customer reviews)
10. Raw Unrefined Ivory Shea Butter TOP Grade From Ghana – SOFT
4.6 out of 5 stars, “The scent is nutty like some other people said but not awful. I mixed it with coconut oil, sesame oil, vitamin E and added essential oils to mask its scent and it works great.” -Petunia1620 (get real customer reviews)
Hair Butters – Highest-Rated Top 5 List
1. Molivera Organics Premium Raw Unrefined African Organic Grade A Ivory Shea Butter
Molivera ranked high in the shea butter category and ranks high against hair butter formulas too. They rank 4.7 out of 5 stars with over 530 reviews (get more customer reviews)
2. Nubian Heritage Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and Moringa Repair and Extend Hair Butter Currently ranked 4.6 out of 5 stars, “This product is amazing and the smell is lovely as well!” -Samaria Farrar (get more customer reviews)
3. Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
At the time of this update this is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars.”Absolutely can’t say enough great things about this product. Smells great and leaves my relaxed hair fuller and softer immediately. This will continue to be a staple in my hair therapy routine!” -Dege (get more customer reviews)
As of now, this is ranked 4.3 out of 5 stars, “Totally works on chemically treated and natural hair. My daughters and I have been using this protective cream for over a year. I apply it after shampooing and before blow drying my hair. Works great.” -ncmcrae (get more customer reviews)
5. As I Am Double Butter Rich Daily Moisturizer
Currently ranked 4.2 out of 5 stars, “All their products are wonderful for my 3b curly hair.” -momnson (get more customer reviews)
Coconut Oil For Natural Hair – Highest-Rated Top 5 List
1. Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
This best seller coconut oil has alot of natural hair fans and is ranked 4.8 out of 5 stars at the time of this update.
“When you are transitioning through those stages it can be really hard to keep your hair moisturized but I use it daily, and extra on wash day. I also add it to my homemade hair masks that I like to do a couple times a week.” -Tyneisha Fondren
Nature’s way is a favorite of natural hair woman and rated 4.8 out of 5 stars. “I use coconut and jojoba oil for moisturizing my dry skin and since I’ve converted from creams to oils, my skin has never looked or felt smoother. I use it on my legs and arms mostly but it works just about everywhere.” -Carrie Watson (see more customer reviews)
3. Nature’s Way Pure Virgin Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
Currently sitting at 4.7 out of 5 stars. “This is a great moisturizer for my hair and skin. I haven’t used lotions on my skin since I started using coconut oil. Going forward, I don’t think I will use anything else except coconut oil on my skin. And, Nature’s Way is the best.” –TonyaP (see more customer reviews)
4. Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 16-Ounce Jar
Ranked by buyers as a 4.7 out of 5 stars coconut oil. “I have been using organic oils on my face and body and hair and everywhere else as a moisturizer and healing agent for about a year in a half and it has made a huge difference in the look and health of my skin in that time. The coconut oil does wonderful things for my hair, I use it every chance I get..in conditioners, shampoos, etc. and it leaves my hair feeling soft ans smelling fresh.” -Angelina (see more customer reviews)
5. Cococare Coconut Oil 100% Pure 4 Oz
As of date, this coconut oil for natural hair is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars. “All I will say is this, this is some real 100% coconut oil, it is not just good it is great, great for your skin and your hair. I have well past my waist dreads or locks if you will and this is just fine for my hair, with a little shea butter added this keeps my scalp and my dreads tight. I have one recommendation, keep it well refrigerated or it will liquefy on you, other than that I have no complaints” -D.L. Brown (see more customer reviews)
Top 10 Carol’s Daughter Natural Hair Products – Highest-Rated
1. Monoi Repairing Hair Mask for Unisex, 7 Ounce
Currently rated as 4.5 out of 5 stars.
“I’m an African-American woman with thick, natural 4b hair that hits around mid-back length when it is flat ironed. The Monoi Hair Mask is hands down the best conditioner I have ever used on my natural hair. After I wash my hair with As I Am Coconut Cowash I apply Monoi and leave it on for about 5 minutes and rinse out. My hair is a bed of well defined, super soft curls that can be easily combed out or finger combed.” -Sammy (see more customer reviews)
2. Monoi Repairing Conditioner 8.5 FL OZ
Currently sitting at 4.5 out of 5 stars.
“I have waist-length wavy-to-curly hair, and with hair this long breakage is an inevitable problem. Anything that can help strengthen my hair is worth trying! I was really pleased with Carol’s Daughter Monoi Conditioner (as used with the shampoo from the same product line).” -Suzy Hough (see more customer reviews)
3. Marguerite’s Magic Restorative Cream Hairdress
Currently rated 4.4 out of 5 stars.
“My hair responded well and is moisturized, shiny, and soft while twisted up. It’s winter here so I don’t plan on wearing a twist out until summer, but whenever I take my twists down to remoisturize I like the results. It has a pleasant, light scent. I have a sensitive nose, and it doesn’t give me problems. It is VERY thick. A little goes a long way.” -SATG (see more customer reviews)
“Nothing else works like it for my wife’s hair.” -Tim DD
“I don’t give out five stars unless a product is pretty flawless; it has to meet or exceed its product claims, be fairly priced for what it claims to do, and have no obvious tweaks needed to make it better. This trifecta of excellence is rarer than you think but with this shampoo and its sister conditioner my hair has finally met its perfect match ….” -Desert Gypsy (see more customer reviews)
6. Black Vanilla ( Moisturizing) Hair Smoothie
Currently rated 4.2 out of 5 stars.
“It moisturizes my dry hair without a greasy or heavy feel. Great for my two strand twists! WONDERFUL FRAGRANCE!” -LaValda Williams (see more customer reviews)
7. Carol’s Daughter, Lisa’s Hair Elixir
Currently rated 4.1 out of 5 stars.
“It leaves me speechless. I ordered this product after I read about it in Seventeen Magazine. I would wash my hair let it dry then get up extra early the next morning to flat iron it and look decent for my class in the next few hours. With this product, it has greatly helped my damaged hair to repair.” -Victoria Rae Burton “Tori” (TX) (see more customer reviews)
8. Loc Butter Shaping Pomade Hairdress
Overall rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars from customers with dreadlocks.
“This product has done wonders for my dreadlocks and I use it daily on my hair and my daughter’s.” -P. Gamble
1-Star Warning! “Formula changed. I live outside the US and haven’t been able to buy the product in person since I ran out in over 6 months, so I was happy to get it in the mail. Until I found out that the formula has completely changed. Same price, of course, but no as good as the past.” -Markeeta (see more customer reviews)
9. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer
Rated 4.0 out of 5 stars by customers.
“This is a wonderful product! Tames frizzies,and leaves hair shiny, silky and easy to manage wih absolutely no sticky residue.” -MJB (see more customer reviews)
10. Carol’s Daughter, Mimosa Hair Honey, 8-Ounce
Customers have rated this one 4.0 out of 5 stars.
“Great for African American hair . It keeps the hair soft and smelling good. Not oily looking. My children are bi racial and this was perfect for their type of hair.” -Grammy (see more customer reviews)
Top 10 Best Seller Natural Hair Shampoos
All of these shampoos in the list come from Amazon’s best selling hair shampoo Top 100 list. I ofcourse I left out any men’s shampoos or shampoos that are not popular among my natural hair readers. So here we go, let’s start with number one…
1. Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Shampoo, Brown and Blue, 16 Fluid Ounce
This is the #1 best selling shampoo OVERALL on Amazon, it has argon oil in it’s formula and buyers use it to prevent hair loss.
The Pura d’or brand is a powerhouse, they rank #1 and #3 on Amazon’s best seller list, a men’s shampoo ranked #2, so ofcourse they didn’t make it onto our top seller list, so Pura d’or Gold Label comes in as #2 best seller for naturals. This shampoo is bought to prevent thinning hair & loss of hair.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic
Batiste dry shampoo is a big-time best seller on Amazon, many naturals are getting into dry shampoo into or to avoid wetting their hair too much. Below you’ll see a video from ThikandKurly on how to use dry shampoo for natural hair and braids. She doesn’t use Batiste though, she uses Organic Root Stimulator Herbal Cleanse dry shampoo to clean her braids without water.
4. Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Set
This best seller is famous for it’s reconstructive keratin fatty acids and Moroccan oil. It’s the 8th best seller on Amazon.
5. DevaCurl Combo No-Poo Cleanser Shampoo + One
#TeamNatural is probably the sole reason this shampoo is so high on Amazon’s best selling shampoo list. It’s not cheap ( $60? Sheesh! ), but it still sells like hotcakes. That tells you alot.
6. Acure Organics Shampoo Moroccan Argan Oil and Argan Stem Cell — 8 fl oz
This best seller is loved because it provides lasting moisture to even the most dry and damaged hair leaving it soft, manageable and ready to rock.
7. Batiste Dry Shampoo, Cherry, 6.73 Ounce
The original version of this shampoo sells better, but the cherry version made the top seller’s list too. Very popular brand.
8. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 8.5oz and Hydrate Conditioner 8.5 oz duo
This best seller has a ton of loyal fans that say it leaves your hair silky soft and vibrant.
9. Mane ‘n Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo & Conditioner Olive Oil Complex
This best seller reminds of growing up at the house in Detroit, my sisters and mom loved Mane ‘n Tail, they obviously aren’t the only ones.
10. Tru Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
This brand probably made Amazons top 100 best selling shampoos because it’s known to be a gentle, sulfate-free choice for all natural hair types, as well as color treated hair and hair that has been weakened, damaged chemical processing or heat styling.
Top 10 Best Selling Natural Hair Conditioners
All of these conditioners in the list come from Amazon’s best selling hair conditioner Top 100 list. So here we go, let’s start with number one…
1. Tru Moroccan Hair Repair Conditioner
The Tru Moroccan brand made it onto Amazon’s Top 100 selling conditioners list and their shampoo list. Ladies are snatching these products up fast.
2. Hydrating Argan Oil Deep Conditioner by Arvazallia for Dry or Damaged Hair
This brand sells like crazy and is known for it’s ability to deep condition and help with detangling, leaves hair with soft and silky texture.
3. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
“I am African American and have kinky hair. This tamed my hair down. I can wash my hair and go. It helps my hair stay moist. When I straighten my hair it is soft and looks as if I got it done at a salon, I am a cosmetologist so that could be why. One of my bottles had leaked upon approval, I called Wen the lady was extremely apologetic and sent me a new bottle I got it within 2 days. Wen is great ! I would recommend this to everyone” – Fay Green
4. Deva Curl Ultra Creamy Daily Conditioner, One Condition
This brand made it onto the best selling shampoos list and the top selling conditioners list. It comes with a big price tag but women LOVE it. It is selling more than most conditioners online no matter the price.
5. Pura d’or: Premium Organic Conditioner
This conditioner sells extremely well and makes the best seller list once again, just like it’s shampoo counterpart. It’s known to enhance the manageability, shine and control of your hair.
6. Silk 18 by Maple Holistics – Sulfate Free Treatment for Dry and Damaged Hair
This best selling conditioner contains a masterful blend of harmless conditioning ingredients to help do the job, Silk18 is formulated with a maximized portion of silk amino acids. The ingredients are naturally derived from silk, to be exact, eighteen different silk amino acids which have great benefits for your hair.
7. It’s A 10 Leave-In Conditioner Plus Keratin
This one makes the best seller list as the first leave-in conditioner on the list.
8. It’s a 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
Coming in right behind the leave-in conditioner is 10 Miracle’s deep conditioner. Also a fan favorite and top seller.
9. L’Oreal Paris EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Cleansing Conditioner
L’Oreal is a household name and that may be one of the reasons it’s selling so well over other brands.
10. HSI Professional Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner
This brand is not only a best seller but has some amazing ratings, as of right now 1,050 of it’s 1,307 ratings are 5 star! This conditioner may shoot farther up on the list as more women come to know about it.
If you’re having a problem with brittle and dry air this video of the best natural hair products will be EXACTLY what you need. As you all can clearly see, Regal Fro has amazingly bouncy and moisturized natural hair and she is sharing her favorite products for 2016 with you. Be sure to support her natural hair Youtube channel by subscribing, she’s giving out tons of great information that you can benefit from.
What’s most interesting about Regal Fro’s best natural hair product choices is that she stays consistent and keeps thing pretty simple. She is not constantly switching to new hair products, she finds the products that actually work and she continues to use them. That’s a great way to get consistent results and it shows in her beautiful head of hair.
Natural Hair Products That Gave Regal Fro THE BOMB Hair!
After you watch the video, you’ll probably be checking for some of the highlighted products, so here is the list. BUT, watch her vid, because we didn’t include some of the actual hair tools that she like to use to this list. Anyway, here’s her favorite natural hair products.
The only thing we didn’t think was that great was the choice of flat iron. The Remington flat iron is a flat iron for people who have never used a top-tier flat iron and are looking for something cheap. Nothing wrong with that, it cost so little money that you really can’t complain. But if you are looking for much better flat ironing and curling results, it may be wise to invest in a hair tool that is made for ultimate performance and that will last for a long time.
Be sure to support Regal Fro’s YouTube channel for natural hair tips, we think that her natural hair Youtube channel is one of the most informative and she definitely deserves more naturals following her vids. You get amazing natural hair tutorials, hair product suggestions and tons of natural hair tips that you won’t get from many other people. Her hair type is common in the natural hair community so that makes her info even more valuable, her suggestions are more likely to work for more women. Connect with her [email protected]_fro http://instagram.com/Regal_fro#
Please share this article so that your friends who are looking for the best natural hair products can get the help they need, thanks to you!
Let’s be honest, it hurts to constantly shed and lose the hair we have, or simply NOT GROW fast and long enough.
For these reasons, exotic herbal tea rinses are starting to getting so much attention in the natural hair world recently.
Even the not-so-exotic herbs, like Bigelow green tea and black tea are frequently discussed. And it turns it that there is scientific backing to the benefits of tea rinsing for keeping and growing hair. Even women suffering from losing their edges have seen success mixing up a special brew!
Lets look at the 3 scientific reasons tea rinses help your hair stop shedding and grow.
1. Amino acids – Strengthens Your Hair
Strong hair retains itself. That’s what theanine does for you. Theanine is an amino acid that is unique to certain types of tea. Studies show that a purified extract of this amino acid could penetrate fully through to the hair cortex of bleach-damaged hair after a 10 minute soak at 30°C .
Even if your hair hasn’t been damaged by bleaching, it is possible to accumulate damage to the cortex due to styling and combing as well as common weathering. A tea rinse can be considered as a very mild protein treatment.
2. Caffeine – Stimulate Hair Growth Did you know your hair follicles can take up several drugs and caffeine is one of them? Studies done once more on human hair in a petri-dish showed that the hair follicles do rapidly take up caffeine and this stimulates hair regrowth for hair previously showing signs of hair loss. (International Journal of Dermatology, pg 27-35, 2007).
3. Polyphenols – Stimulate Hair Growth Green tea has been studied as a possible treatment for hair loss. It is preferred over black tea as the roasting of tea to create black tea oxidizes the polyphenols. Tests so far have been performed on rats as well as human hair in a petri-dish with similar results. The polyphenols are seen to stimulate re-growth of hair. So if you have problem spots, for example your edges, or are experiencing hair loss, then a tea rinse may be worth a trial.
How To Brew Your Tea Rinse
We will give you a great list of exotic herbs to use at the end of this article. After you’ve decided which herb(s) will get the job done, follow the steps below:
Place the herb(s) in a pitcher (glass is ideal).
Pour boiling water over the herb(s), cover, and steep for 10-20 minutes.
Strain the mixture and allow the liquid to cool.
Pour over your head after using a high quality shampoo, conditioner, and finishing your detangling session. Do not rinse out.
Here are 5 of Our Favorite Herbal Hair Rinses:
1. Sage Herb Hair Rinse — for Invigorating and Cleansing Sage helps cleanse the hair of oil buildup and promotes healthier hair. Recipe 2 cups boiling water 2 tsp. dried sage (or 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves) Pour the water over the dried high-quality sage and steep until cool. Remove (or strain) the sage and apply to freshly washed hair. Don’t forget to massage into your scalp!
2. Birch Leaf Herb Hair Rinse — to Prevent Hair Loss, Maintain Scalp Health and Soften Hair When used on a regular basis, the birch leaf rinse will help prevent hair loss and maintain the overall health of your hair and scalp. Birch leaf will also soften the hair and add sheen. Recipe 2 cups boiling water 2 tsp dried birch leaves Pour boiling water over birch leaves and steep until cool. Strain and pour over clean hair. Massage into scalp. Caution: Consult your physician before using this rinse if you are allergic to wild carrot, celery, mugwort and certain spices. Also know that birch leaf can darken your hair over time.
4. Chamomile Hair Rinse — for Soothing and Healing the Scalp, Giving Hair Sheen Chamomile has been used for centuries to add in relieving stress and restlessness at bedtime. It is also great for soothing an itchy or sore scalp. Softens hair, soothes the scalp, lighten and conditions (people use it with honey to bring out natural highlights). Chamomile is also known to stimulate growth. It has also been said to heal scalp ailments such as dandruff, dry patches and eczema. Recipe 2 cups boiling water 2 tsp. dried chamomile (or fresh chamomile if available) Pour boiling water over chamomile and steep until cool. Strain and pour over clean hair. Massage into scalp. Beware: Chamomile has been known to lighten hair.
5. Linden-Flower Hair Rinse — to Promote Healthy Hair Growth & Strengthen Dry and Brittle Hair Unfortunately, this amazing herb for dry hair comes with a major flaw. Oh, it works BEAUTIFULLY, but Linden-flower is super duper expensive, but that doesn’t change the fact that it is great if you’re dealing with dry, brittle hair as a result of over-dying or dying your hair too often. For hair that is severely damaged, linden-flower can help bring it back to life. It also promotes circulation in the scalp and will help new hair grow in healthier. Recipe 2 cups boiling water 2 tsp. linden flowers Pour boiling water over linden flowers and steep until cool. Strain and pour over clean hair. Massage into scalp.
Runner Up Herbs That You May Find To Be Your #1
Here are some other herbal rinses that you can add to your hair care regimen. Pick an herb for your particular natural hair issues!
Horsetail: Helps brittle hair due to its high silica content.
Lavender: Stimulates hair growth
Nettle: conditions, improves texture, helps with dandruff, irritated scalp, and dry scalp
Parsley: enriches hair color and gives a nice luster
Plantain: great for dry, irritated scalp, dandruff, and seborrhea
Rosemary: Acts as a tonic and conditioner, one of the best herbs to use, gives luster and body, stimulates growth, helps with dandruff, and brings out dark highlights in the hair.
Saw Palmetto: good for thinning hair and hair loss
Thyme: good for oily hair and dandruff
Witch Hazel: cleanses hair
Caution: Finally, remember to talk to your doctor or dermatologist before beginning a tea rinsing (or sipping) regimen. Some of these herbs are not meant for breastfeeding and pregnant naturals!
Super defined curls from twist outs are one of the more popular natural hair styles around.
If you’ve been natural for a while and have noticed some growth, your twist out is probably full of life and gets a lot of heads turning too!
But twistouts are sort of like that rude friend who comes to your house, eats all your food, and then just bounces! Here one minute and gone the next. For whatever reason, a lot of women can’t seem to keep their twist out from twisting out.
But don’t worry about it, we have your back! Here is a great video from your BlackHairOMG expert Allison to help make your twist out super-defined and last a while longer! Hey and remember to subscribe to BlackHairOMG TV!
Twistout With TGIN Hair Products on TWA – Natural Hair Video