It's no secret, coconut oil for hair has been a true blessing for women wanting to bring their damaged curls back to bouncy life.
Many things can cause your hair to look bad. Straightening your hair too often of even an illness can cause your hair to lose its life and luster. If your hair ever looks dull or starts feeling brittle or straw-like, this new coconut oil and honey hair recipe works wonders and usually only after using it twice, you can have your bouncy curls back and have hair that looks ready for any beauty magazine photo shoot. I recommend this to ANYONE with damaged hair/fuzzy, undefined curls. So many ladies who are new to this hair revitalization method are absolutely AMAZED to see the quick and gorgeous results.
Coconut Oil For Hair & Honey Method: What You'll Need
- 3 tbs extra virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tbs honey
- 2 egg yolks (optional if you need protein)
- Hair Therapy Wrap or a heated towel.
- A few drops of essential oil for fragrance (optional)
- MELT the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds - Don't cook it, just melt it.
- POUR the coconut oil for hair into a bowl, add the honey, and mix. You may have to work at it, as the two don't easily mix. Add the essential oil at this point if you wish. The mask does not smell bad if you don't add any fragrance!
- APPLY the (still hot) mixture to your wet hair from ends to roots.
- PUT on your Hair Therapy Wrap, alternatively you can warm a towel in the microwave and wrap your hair in it.
- WAIT 45 minutes, or for really damaged hair you can leave the treatment in overnight (just wear a shower cap)
Final Details: How To Use Coconut Oil For Hair
Apply the mask to wet hair, concentrating on the ends, where most of the hair damage occurs. (If there are still some solid bits of coconut oil in the hair mask, just work them into your hair.) Wrap your hair up in a bun and place hair therapy wrap or wet towel over it. Let the mask sit for 45 minutes, then wash rinse in the shower and follow with your normal shampoo and favorite conditioner. When your hair dries, you’ll see instant shine. Apply the mask once a week and your hair will be softer, shinier, and look healthier over time.
One thing to note: coconut oil can make tubs and floors very slippery! It will drip, even with a shower cap on, so be careful. Also, if you take a bath while the coconut oil hair mask is absorbing, some of the oil will make its way into the tub, giving your skin a hydrating treatment. Remember, using coconut oil for hair is only one of its MANY uses, besides using it for conditioning and hair growth treatments, using coconut oil for skin and face brings many beauty benefits like soft and younger looking skin. It truly is a miracle oil.Have you tried this coconut oil for African-American hair recipe before? Let us know if it worked for you.
Bonus Hair Therapy Wrap Review
You can find the lowest prices for the Hair Therapy Wrap Here.