Top 10 Natural Remedies to Strengthen Your Hair
Natural hair is a real luxury and our absolute PRIDE when it is healthy and well-groomed. But how to keep our locks looking irresistible and playful when heat, dust, salt water, and other factors regularly damage them, causing the hair loss, split ends, lack of shine and beauty
The solution is not so difficult, though. It doesn’t necessarily have to consist of expensive salon treatments and using professional high-class hair products (which are not so perfect as adverts promise, by the way). If you really want to restore a healthy look, shine, and beauty of your hair, turn to the natural remedies for help. They are the option number one not only due to their cosmetic effect, but also the healing properties.
Remember, that healthy and beautiful natural curls are definitely one of the best and most fashionable fade haircuts for black women of all time.
Magic of Vegetable Oils
When talking about natural remedies for hair, we simply can’t ignore vegetable oils, so they are deservedly at the top of our list. It’s well-known that plant oils are a gold mine of vitamins and nutrients, they easily penetrate to the hair shafts to help retain moisture. Use olive, burdock, coconut, argan, rosemary, jojoba oils to restore hair that has become damaged from curling irons and coloring, to add a natural shine, healthy look, softness, and resilience to your hair. You can either rub the pure oil into the scalp or make a natural hair mask:
- The hair mask with burdock oil is a simple and effective way of nourishing the hair follicles and is perfect for all types of hair. Mix 2 tablespoons of oil with an egg yolk and massage your scalp with a warm mask for a few minutes, rubbing it into the skin and curls, focusing on the tips. Then, wash your hair with an ordinary shampoo. Use this remedy once a week.
- Take 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add 5 drops of the ylang-ylang essence, apply this mixture on wet hair and сover it with a shower cap. Keep this remedy on your head for about 15 minutes, after that thoroughly wash the hair.
If your hair is naturally oily, don’t abuse vegetable oil treatment, while the dry hair can be restored in this way even twice a week.
Onion Juice Treatment
Do you know that the onion is extremely rich in vitamins and has medical properties? Can you imagine those fantastic results you’ll get after regular usage of onion masks?
- Grate 1 onion and squeeze out the juice. Then add 2 tablespoons of burr or castor oil, 2 teaspoons of squeezed lemon juice, and a banana mashed with a fork. Apply the mixture from roots to tips and leave it on for about 15 minutes. The mask is perfect for weakened hair with oily roots.
Onion juice significantly heals, strengthens, revitalizes the hair, accelerates its growth, prevents and stops hair loss, improving the structure of your curls as a whole. The only con of the onion treatment is the smell you can’t get rid off when your hair is getting wet.
Power of Eggs for Afro Curls
Most of the nutrients of the egg are concentrated in the yolk – it’s a trove of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Vitamins A, D, E, B, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, folic and nicotinic acids restore the hair structure, strengthen, refresh and tone, prevent hair loss and stimulate growth, protect from negative environmental factors, make your curls smooth and shiny.
- Try the egg yolk shampoo instead of your ordinary one twice a month to give your cute curls a new life. Beat 2 yolks, add 2 teaspoons of purified water and 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Or treat your hair with this fairy egg yolk mask: make a mixture of 2 yolks, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of castor oil and a teaspoon of brandy (or cognac), heat it up and apply from roots to tips. Cover your hair with a plastic bag and a terry towel. Keep this remedy for 1-2 hours and wash with your favorite shampoo.
Coconut is rich in proteins, iron, potassium, and other essential nutrients, so that it promotes hair growth, repairs damaged hair, prevents hair loss, breakage and dandruff.
- Use a clear coconut milk or oil: gently massage the product all over your scalp (or on the targeted areas only), keep it overnight and shampoo as usual next morning.
- Experiment with coconut oil mask: mash a half of banana with a fork and add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of sour cream. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and heat the remedy up, apply on the hair and rinse off in 30-40 minutes.
Honey Natural Care
Honey is another natural remedy that your curly hair is gonna fall in love with. No matter if you use it in its pure form or as a part of a homemade hair mask, honey will restore your hair, prevent loss and can even be used as a lighter.
- Honey conditioner recipe: mix 100 g of heated on a water bath honey and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Massage it over the scalp and keep for 40-50 minutes, then rinse with a mild shampoo. Besides strengthening, this remedy will moisturize, nourish, and stimulate the hair growth, making your natural locks silky and shiny.
- Another honey-based mask idea: all you need is 1 tbsp of honey and the same amount of aloe juice. This treatment should be applied for about 10 minutes before washing the hair twice a week. Besides, this super mask has a great advantage: it can be kept in a fridge, prepared in advance.
Avocado in Action
Avocado fruit is an excellent means for growing and strengthening natural hair. Whether it is the fruit, seed or its oil, avocado contains all necessary vitamins, potassium, iron, folic acid, and copper. This winning mix of nutrients makes all avocado-based hair masks one of the most effective for home hair treatment and restoration.
- Make a hair mask with a mashed ripe avocado, 1 tbsp of olive or jojoba oil and another tablespoon of yogurt. Use this remedy once a week to maintain the luxury look of your Afro curls.
- Besides, you can massage avocado oil into your scalp once or twice a week to keep your hair moisturized enough, healthy and shiny.
The Best of the Dairy Products
Do you suffer from excessive dryness of hair or tips? If so, this hair conditioning treatment with mayonnaise is what you need! However, ladies with normal hair can also get additional nutrition and moisturizing, following this easy tip:
- Apply mayonnaise to wet hair and leave it on your head for 1 hour. Then rinse it well and shampoo. Voila! Your hair will be grateful!
Yogurt is the second best dairy product for hair treatment, strengthening and preventing dandruff.
- Take a pure yogurt and spread it over the hair, massaging it into the scalp. Then cover the hair with a plastic bag and wrap with a towel for about 20 minutes. After that shampoo your hair like you always do it.
Rye bread = Strengthening + Growth
The use of rye bread (which is rich in B vitamins) for hair helps to prevent hair loss, strengthen, normalize the hydrolipid balance of the scalp, as well as to clean it mildly.
- Soak some slices of rye bread in water, then mash it with hands and add a couple drops of camphor oil. Apply this mixture on your hair, cover it with a plastic bag and a towel. In one hour shampoo your flirty locks thoroughly to be sure no bread crumbs left in your shag.
Hair Conditioning with Apple Cider Vinegar
Our hair has an ideal pH of 4 to 5. The acidity of the apple cider vinegar rinse means that it helps maintain the pH balance of your hair and remove buildup without stripping the hair of its natural oils at the same time.
- Apple cider vinegar should be used instead of your regular hair conditioner after shampooing your hair. Just dilute 2 tablespoons of ACV with 1 cup of water and apply this mixture after shampooing, massage your scalp during a couple of minutes and then rinse your hair thoroughly.
Lemon Juice for Healthy Hair
Ordinary lemon is a strongly recommended and trusted ingredient to fight against hair loss and strengthen it. Containing vitamins C, B, and various minerals, the lemon has become a must-have of many homemade masks and conditioners.
- Squeeze 2 lemons into a cup of water and use this mixture after shampooing just like it’s described in paragraph 9 about the apple cider vinegar.
P.S. Remember Lovelies, love yourself and take care of your gorgeous hair to look your best and turn a lot of heads under any circumstances. Use rich gifts of nature, listed above, to restore, strengthen and treat your magnificent curls. And if it’s not enough for you, check out one extra sweet idea of natural remedy for hair strengthening right below!